Lucy just posted this link in the comments, but it is begging for a thread crashing. It is such a nasty piece of passive aggressive, sanctimonious AA gaslighting that I think I should issue a trigger alert for people who are still untangling their minds.
In one of the myriad interviews he gave over the last week, Charlie Sheen said clearly that he hates AA.
A lot of people have trouble with Alcoholics Anonymous. AA is full of people and people can be messy and flawed.
The human train wreck formally known as Charlie Sheen is a common sight in the AA meeting halls. The only difference between Mr. Sheen and other self-absorbed, delusional, frantic addicts is the size of the audience to which they rant. These people do not last long in AA. They mock the Fellowship and the 12 Steps (PDF) as too religious or simplistic. AA is beneath them.
Here are a few possible reasons why Charlie Sheen might hate AA so much.
Reasons Why Charlie Sheen May Hate AA
- He would have to admit he is powerless.
- He would need to embrace Humility.
- Deep tissue Change would be required.
- He would have to be Anonymous!
- His Higher Power could not be Charlie Sheen.
- He couldn’t blame anyone else for his troubles.
- He would need to learn to be Grateful.
This article offers one really sound reason why anyone might hate AA.