Keep Coming Back! The AA Is Appropriate for Teens Edition

So, this guy drinks enough vodka and beer to wind up comatose in the hospital. He comes to, and rubs his naked ass on a nurse’s arm and then tries to pull her breast off. Of course, he ends up in court, and his defense attorney offers this up:

Mole was so drunk he could not remember what had happened, and was now attending Alcoholics Anonymous.

The judge ordered him to 18 months “supervision” (not sure what that means in UK) and alcohol counseling (which our Stinkin Thinkin friend, K, has informed us does not mean AA/12-step as it does here in the US), plus he has to write a letter of apology to the nurse, which will probably go something like this:

“Dear lesbian nurse, I regret that you’re such a prude. I am also sorry that I violated your delicate virgin arm with my hot ass, even though I know you wanted me. Plus, if your ta-tas were a little more licious, I wouldn’t have had to pull so hard, so I’m sorry about that. Anyway, I don’t remember a thing, which you probably hear a lot.”

This man wasn’t ordered to attend AA. He is going to AA to mitigate his sentencing. The fact that people go to AA before they go to court is another aspect of AA that ought to be looked at more closely. There’s not a single drunk that isn’t advised to attend AA before presenting themselves to a judge, in order to demonstrate a commitment to change. These are people who are not required to have their attendance slips signed. They’re people following their lawyers advice because it plays well in court. “But judge, since this unfortunate event, which my client can’t even remember, he has been attending AA.” And no one can vouch for that.

AA is actively recruiting youngsters — highschool kids. They have ACOH for tots, even. We’ve had AA members here on the blog insist that AA is a safe place for kids. Forget about the court-ordered members and the regular predators who latch on to AA because it’s a great place to find vulnerable people. How about people like this, who go to meetings before their sentencing in order to make their case?

ftg

7 Responses to 'Keep Coming Back! The AA Is Appropriate for Teens Edition'

Just printed 1000 A4 fliers reading:

JUST SAY NO
    TO AA
    BRAINWASHING:

(Okayed by Orange. Cost £35).

Will leave them on buses, in hospital waiting rooms, church notice boards, newsagents windows, lamp posts, surveillance camera plinths (my favourite) police stations, pubs, railway station information racks, tourist information kiosks, bus stations etc. etc………………

When they start messing with kids it gets serious.

My feelings upon first exposure to aa's message and methods were relief at thinking I was in a safe place to express a sense of shame over past and present degradation, mixed in with a vague unease and suspicion of some undisclosed group agenda.
    What I now find objectionable about aa in this respect is that it encourages identification with the shame of strangers, rather than getting people to confont the actual difficulties of their own emotional lives, which for alcoholics and addicts, may well involve the examination of shame.
    I think it is very dangerous when people project their personal shame onto others. Bill W is the classic example of psychological projection. His writings just seek to inculcate his own shame into others, so that they end up identifying with a cheat, thief, philanderer and charlatan and being his guilty conscience.
    To mess kids heads up with Bill's
    cock of crap is unconscionable

4. joedrywall says:

This guy looks nothing like Michael Jacksons father. Nor is he shoeless. Just kidding he is great.

I thought The Replacements were great too.

5. Dick B. says:

Whether you go to A.A. before the judge, jail, prison, probation, or parole, you can seek God’s help, the support of A.A., and begin helping others. That’s the formula that’s available.

The problem with the court sending you to AA is that you are sentenced to AA by a non medical guru and many times with devastating results. Have you researched the “Kids for Cash” scandal. A corrupt judge forced 4,000 kids to the program. It caused major depression and many people have been committed due to the program.